The Eight Word Induction™ Created by Cal Banyan
About Cal Banyan
Calvin Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DNGH, OB, MCPHI
Thanks for visiting my website. Let me tell you a little bit about myself.
I first became interested in hypnosis as a child, when listening to my grandmother tell me stories about her brother, my Uncle Ward who was a hypnotist. That turned out to be the beginning of a lifelong interest in psychology, philosophy and theology, which as resulted in my professional career in hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
I know some of you want to know more so please read on.
Thanks again for stopping by,
Calvin Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, DFNGH, OB, MCPHI
Qualifications, Achievements and Awards
One of the most sought after and qualified hypnotherapy instructors with a background that ensures quality for those who want to train with one of the best in the field of hypnosis and hypnotherapy. Here is a partial list of my acomplishments:
CAL BANYAN is Truly a Recognized Authority
- BS & MA in Psychology from University of North Dakota
- Full time professional since 1996
- Member of the National Guild of Hypnotists* since 1996
- NGH Certified Instructor since 1999
- Writer for the NGH Journal of Hypnotism since 2000
- Published, Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy (book, 2001)
- NGH Board Certified since 2001
- NGH Certified Instructor of the Year 2002
- NGH Certified Instructor of the Year 2003
- NGH Educator of the Year 2003
- Published, The Secret Language of Feelings (book, 2003)
- Fellow of the National Guild of Hypnotists 2004
- NGH Counsel of the Order Braid Council 2005
- NGH Charles Tebbetts Award 2005
- Cover & Interview, NGH Journal of Hypnotism, June 2005
- Member of the NGH Advisory Board since 2006
- Member of the NGH Ethics Board since 2007
- NGH President’s Award, 2008
- Hypnotism Media Award of the Year 2010
- Diplomate of the National Guild of Hypnotism 2010
- NGH Rexford L. North Award 2012
- Published, Real Hypnosis Business Success (book, 2013)
- Designed and implemented the 5-PATH® IAHP Professional Accreditation Program, 2015
- Accredited by the 5-PATH® International Association of Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy Professionals (IAHP), 2016
- NGH Ormond McGill Award, Best-of-the-best Convention Presenters, 2016
Top Hypnotherapy Instructor & Honored Hypnotherapist!
Photo of Cal and His Wife Maureen Holding the BGH Rexfor L. North Award
Awards, Certifications and Credentials
BS & MA
CH & CI
He received his B.S. and M.A. degrees in Psychology at the University of North Dakota.
He has worked as a Psychologist at the North Dakota State Hospital, and with Lutheran Social Services as a Family Therapist.
- Mr. Banyan is the founder and C.E.O. of the Banyan Hypnosis Center for Training & Services, Inc.
- Contributed to several other books including, Hypnotize This (Zalman) and Official Consumer Guide to Hypnotism (National Guild of Hypnotists).
- Featured on KARE 11 News Extra and KFAI Radio FM Health Matters, WCCO Channel 4 News Special Dimension, KFAI Radio, WCCO Radio 830 AM, and Channel 9 News, Minneapolis, MN. As well as WB 11 KPIX TV, with Toni Senecal in New York, NY, and more!
Mr. Banyan has published in the following scientific, professional and popular publications:
- Teaching Psychology (American Psychological Association)
- Hospital and Community Psychiatry (American Psychiatric Association)
- Hypno-Gram (National Guild of Hypnotists)
- The Journal of Hypnotism (National Guild of Hypnotist, as a contributing author to the journal.)
- Also published in these popular publications, The Edge Newspaper and Twin Cities Wellness
- Mr. Banyan is listed in and a member of Who’s Who In Mental Health On the Web. He speaks at the National Guild of Hypnotists Annual Convention each year and frequently speaks at NGH’s Solid Gold Weekend, 2005.
- Mr. Banyan has an ongoing hypnosis podcast, Hypnosis, Etc. with over 300 shows so far.
At the Banyan Hypnosis Center for Training & Services Hypnosis Really Works!
I didn’t feel good about my self at 290 pounds.
Yep that’s me. I’m about 290 pounds there and I thought that I would eventually explode, because I just kept gaining weight. Then, I became my own experiment and applied what I had been learning from my clients (while they were in hypnosis) to myself. I used this unique understanding of food addiction and hypnosis on myself. Now, I’ve lost about 60 pounds to date (1/2001) and continue to become slimmer.
I learned how to beat the fattening compulsion of eating out of emotions like boredom, stress, anxiety, frustration and just being tired. Now I lose weight and I never feel hungry or deprived! Questions? Give us a call.
As Seen On TV & Heard On Radio
Cal Banyan on WB 11 KPIX-TV New York as he demonstrates hypnosis to a local hypnosis group in New York, and gives Toni Senecal (TV Personality) and Pat Ivers (Producer) a copy of his new book! They said that they had a wonderful time and everyone learned a lot about hypnosis! Click here to see the latest advanced hypnotherapy grads in New York.
- As Seen On KARE 11 News Extra We used hypnotic regression to help Pat Miles find her father’s W.W. II prisoner of war diary! She was very pleased. We are glad we could help.
- WCCO Channel 4 News Special Dimension Reporter Bridget Borenstein followed the progress of one of our clients as she lost 17 pounds during her first few weeks using 7th Path Self-Hypnosis®.
New Newspaper Article on The Secret Language of Feelings
Click on the graphics on the left to read the article. Then click here to learn more about Banyan’s new book. The Secret Language of Feelings: A Rational Approach To Emotional Mastery, informs the reader how to start making sense of this secret language that resides inside all of us.
This language it trying to communicate with each of us so that we can be happier and more successful in life.
Sharing Ideas Magazine
The leading international magazine for speakers, large meeting planners, trainers and seminary leaders has reviewed Calvin Banyan’s new book and says, “The Secret Language of Feelings, is a fresh look at emotions and how they affect you.”
Professional Hypnosis Training with Calvin Banyan
- Mr. Banyan teaches a professional 10-day hypnotherapy certification a minimum of 3 times a year. NGH Approved Banyan Professional Hypnosis Training Program
- He teaches advanced 7-day hypnotherapy training about once per year. Week of Power – Advanced Hypnosis Training Course